Like the other positioned players on the soccer field, the defenders also require something superbly supportive on their feet. Having the best soccer cleats for defenders can improve their agility on the ground and also provide better ball control. But the cleats must be true to size.
A properly fitted, well-cushioned pair of soccer cleats will make your performance better in the field. Many brands are offering specialized soccer cleats for defenders, and you need to select one depending on your comfort zone. Also, check the quality of the laces for a snug and secure fit.
DREAM PAIRS Men's Cleats Football Soccer Shoes
Hawkwell Men's Youth Outdoor Soccer Cleats
Adidas Unisex Copa 20.4 Soccer Cleats
New Balance Men's 442 V1 Soccer Shoe
Niber Men's Boys Turf Cleats
1. DREAM PAIRS Men's Cleats Football Soccer Shoes
This pair of soccer cleats provide adequate traction on both natural grass and artificial turf surfaces. And without having a proper grip on the ground, it’s impossible to defend the ball. The whole construction of the cleats ensures toe protection and ultimately results in better ball control.
Also, the lightweight nature of the shoes provides a soft feel on the feet of the user. While running for the ball on the soccer field, it also ensures protection of the ankle area. The gradient color of the cleats makes them clearly visible in the field and enhances the playability of the user.
- The cleats come with synthetic rubber molded outsoles.
- The outsoles of cleats have conical traction patterns underneath.
- The cleats have synthetic textured upper with a premium DP combination.
- There is stretchy and soft fly-knit mesh with cushioned insoles available in the shoes.
- They come in contrast color design.
- These cleats have a traditional adjustable lace-up system.
- These lightweight cleats provide a soft and comfortable feel.
- The conical studs ensure a better grip and traction on any soccer surface.
- The user will find a better ball controlling with the textured upper.
- The contrast color makes the cleats visible and attractive.
- A reinforced round toe design protects the toes of the user.
- The outsole provides free and quick movement.
- There is no arch support available in the cleats.
- Water gets inside the cleats easily.
2. Hawkwell Men's Youth Outdoor Firm Ground Soccer Cleats
To defend the ball and have control over it, one needs proper support in the feet. Adequate cushioning inside the shoes will support the feet to a great extent. This pair of soccer cleats from Hawkwell also reduces shock absorption. It fits quite well in the feet before you are ready to go.
Another interesting side about these cleats is the vibrant color. The cushioned insole of the cleats provides extended comfort during the whole game. It also ensures better traction and grip on the soccer ground. Defenders with high agility will find this pair helpful for sure.
However, if you want to buy a soccer insole separately and like to know what thing to consider before buying a soccer insole, you can check this article. You will find our favorite insoles in the article too.
- The manufacturer constructed the shoes with rubber outsoles.
- The shoes come with a synthetic surface.
- They have cushioned insole designed.
- There is a transparent stud arrangement available in the shoes.
- The shoes have textured forefoot.
- This pair of soccer shoes are available in various colors.
- The textured forefoot ensures extended control over the soccer ball.
- The cushioned insole provides added comfort to the user.
- The shoes are to ensure excellent shock absorption.
- The user can have explosive acceleration and high-speed turns through the studs underneath.
- The shoes are a great option for better arch support.
- The bright colors of the shoes attract most soccer defenders.
- The laces used in the shoes aren’t strong enough for long-lasting usage.
- The shoes run a bit small to the original size.
3. Adidas Unisex Copa 20.4 Firm Ground Soccer Cleats
There is no question about the brand value of Adidas in the field of making sports products. Continuing their record of maintaining the quality, they have produced these soccer cleats for the defenders. Black lovers will definitely fancy using this pair of shoes as they are fully black colored.
With a traditional lace-up closure system, the shoes are capable enough to provide a regular fit. The upper panel structure of the shoes makes them a lightweight pair. The player wearing these shoes will have an agile performance on the field with a great ability to control the ball.
- The manufacturer constructed the outsoles of the shoes with synthetic materials.
- The upper panel comes with a lightweight, durable leather construction.
- The shoes have a traditional lace-up closure system.
- The shaft of the shoes measures approximately 6 to 12 inches from the arch.
- The platform measures approximately 0 to 3 inches.
- The boot opening measures approximately 0 to 3 inches around.
- The ball doesn’t slip off the foot as there is stitching on the durable synthetic forefoot.
- The outsole of the shoes creates an extended grip and traction on the soccer field.
- The cleat perfectly fits the user’s feet.
- The construction of the shoes made it durable enough to serve up to one full season.
- The shoes are lightweight enough.
- The shoes come with proper pricing according to the features.
- The shoes aren’t as long-lasting as they are shown above.
4. New Balance Men's 442 Firm Ground V1 Soccer Shoe
A defender needs superb fit and comfort from the cleats he is wearing inside a soccer field to improve his performance. And New balance has included the features in this pair of soccer cleats to make them properly fitted and comfortable. The studs offer the user 360 degrees of rotational traction.
The player will remain a bit ahead of the others in the field with better ball control in every situation. Another great side of these shoes is durability. If you are someone, who is looking for a pair of durable and long-lasting shoes, then you should go with these.
- The manufacturer used rubber to construct the outsoles of the shoes.
- The shoes have lightweight mesh lining.
- They come with die-cut EVA cushioning.
- The user will find a re-engineered and improved stud combination underneath the shoes.
- The shoes have a conical stud in the outsoles.
- The shoes provide better touch and control over shoes.
- The shoes offer a superior fit and control during any condition of the game.
- The conical studs on the outsoles ensure of having 360 degrees of rotational traction on soccer grounds.
- The shoes even fit players with wider feet comfortably.
- The shoes are superbly comfortable and don’t feel stiff like most new soccer shoes.
- The design of the shoes isn’t one to praise a lot.
- There is not enough support in the base of the shoes.
5. Niber Men's Boys Turf Cleats
The agile defenders on the soccer field need such supportive pairs of cleats to maintain their performance level. And this pair of turf cleats for men from Niber provides super-fast performance with speed control and also better stability. They are usable on both natural and artificial soccer surfaces.
Even after wearing the shoes for a long-time, the user won’t feel discomfort because the shoes absorb and wick away the moisture. Also, they don’t create any odor. They have kept the traditional lacing system here to ensure the user fits the shoes snugly on the feet.
- The shoes come with anti-slip, flexible rubber outsoles and there are also two types of outsoles available.
- The manufacturer constructed the shoes with a synthetic leather upper and premium DP combination.
- They have soft and breathable mesh insoles designed.
- The insole has hygroscopic, sweat-releasing, and anti-odor functions.
- There is an asymmetrical lacing system used in the shoes.
- There are super-soft and form-fitting mesh covers available on the sides.
- The rotational traction pattern provides high-speed control and better stability.
- The insole provides a low-profile cushioning.
- The sweat and odor are removed from the shoes even after long-term use.
- The mesh covers insides provide a breathable and comfortable feeling.
- The lacing closure ensures a snug fit with a large and smooth kicking surface.
- The cleats are poorly constructed and not enough comfortable.
- There is not adequate support in the outsole area.
1. What are soccer cleats for defenders?
The cleats that help the defenders to improve the agility offer better ball controls, and also ensures safe landings on a soccer field are defined as soccer cleats for defenders. As the position is really crucial to defend goals and win a match for the team, choosing proper soccer cleats for the defenders is also crucial.
2. Who should buy soccer cleats for defenders?
Any defender in a soccer field should buy a pair of soccer cleats for defenders. Also, he can purchase this for the training sessions to improve his performance in the field. Depending on the position he is playing as a defender, he should work on improving the ball controlling, speed, agility in the field.
You might be thinking about how to choose a pair of soccer shoes that are specially made for the defenders. Well, you don’t need specialized shoes for this, but definitely need a suitable one. There are some factors that one buyer must consider before purchasing cleats for defenders.
Choosing the shoes depending on the position the defender is playing is a crucial thing, although many ignore this. Center backs work more as a guard to the goalkeeper, instead of dribbling and running with the ball. So what they need is stability and proper support while landing on the ground.
The shoes they are wearing must have a thicker upper panel construction, which provides better ball control. On the other hand, fullbacks need to sprint and take control of the ball back from the opposition’s winger. What they require in the shoes is extra agility and flexibility.
2. Pitch surface
Every soccer ground doesn’t have a similar type of pitch. There are basically natural grass and artificial turf pitches available. Also, natural grass surfaces are two types, wet and dry. The dry surface requires standard cleats with a conical stud combination. However, wet and muddy grass surfaces need removable spikes.
The outsole of the shoes will come in contact with the wet mud, which might reduce the traction. So they need to have extra traction creating studs. Again, the artificial turf pitches require such cleats that don’t dig in the field. So their studs are a bit smaller than others.
The outsole, insole, the upper panel are the sectors you need to watch out the materials for. The outsoles of soccer cleats should be made out of rubber. For the upper panel construction, leather and synthetic materials are good choices. However, the insole should be made of mesh cushioning for support and comfort inside.
Talking about the insole, it is necessary to talk about the cushioning it needs to offer. The inside part of the shoes must have adequate cushioning around the heel area and also on the tongue. This will ensure arch support, heel protection, and comfort while landing or sprinting for the ball.
The stud combination on the outsole defines how well it is going to grip the ground. There are different traction patterns used underneath the shoes for proper gripping. The position of playing and the type of field you are playing are two major considerable things for this.
Purchasing a pair of soccer cleats for defenders will ensure durability and long-lasting performance. Before buying ensure the outsole and upper construction to make sure the cleats are durable. Also, ensure having strong and durable laces.
The reason behind keeping this at the bottom is that you should never compromise the quality for saving bit money. However, soccer cleats for defenders can be bought spending from $15 to $100.
There is no alternative for a defender than choosing well-constructed soccer cleats for the betterment of his performance, is there? So choose your favorite pair of cleats from the list without making any delay. And if you have an alternative idea regarding this, you can let me know in the comment section below.