During faulty hits, the dart might hit the wall or may come bouncing off the board itself. In the first circumstance, it will damage your wall and in the second one, it can hurt the participants. However, having no pointy tips the best magnetic dartboards can prevent these two things from happening.
The size of the board remains and even some boards have double set up as well. But the specialty is having a magnet in there. However, the darts are designed a bit differently here as they don’t have any pointy edge at the tail area. They have magnets in there, which helps staying firmly on the board.
1. CX L SUM Magnetic Dart Board
No matter whether you want to arrange a Jungle train game for the kids or a professional dart game for the adults, this dartboard set allows both. An interesting side of this magnetic board is that one can set up it outdoors or even indoors.
The size of the board makes it easier for any player to aim the target. The thing most buyers like about the dartboard set is the inclusion of 12 magnetic darts, which is more than most manufacturers currently offer. The participants won’t have to worry about them falling off the darts during the game as well.
- The magnetic dartboard measures 15 inches in diameter.
- The package includes 12 darts of red, yellow, blue, and green.
- The manufacturer used an easy roll-up design in the dartboard.
- It comes with high-quality materials construction with a strong magnet.
- There is a target bulls-eye game available on the other side of the dartboard.
- It is recommended for kids above 6 years.
- The user can easily store and carry the dartboard with the simple roll-up design.
- The use of a strong magnet in the construction prevents the darts from falling off the board after hitting.
- The package includes more darts than most other models in the market.
- It can relieve eye fatigue and exercise vision with an eye-catching design.
- The larger area makes it easier for anyone to aim the target accurately.
- It allows arranging games for both kids and adults on the opposite sides of the board.
- The magnet on the board doesn’t seem working properly to keep the darts on.
- The darts bounce off when it hits the bullseye.
2. Funsparks Magnetic Dart Board Game
When you are searching for something durable and which can also provide a safer performance to any age of users, this one is going to be an ideal choice for you. With the stronger magnets on the board, the darts stay still after every hit. The least number of falling makes it safer.
The board comes with an innovative design that includes an inner bull, outer bull, double area, and treble area. These areas show the points for each space making it a lot easier for the participant to target the sweetest area and score more points.
- The dartboard measures 14.5 inches in diameter.
- The manufacturer used quality and durable magnet on the board.
- It includes 12 safe magnetic darts of 6 green and 6 red colors.
- There is a keyhole slot in the back of the board.
- The board has an innovative little number with scoring slots.
- According to the manufacturer, it is appropriate for 13 years or above aged people.
- The darts stick on the board during every toss because of the strong magnets.
- The darts provide an accurate flight to the participants.
- With the innovative small scoring markings, the user finds it easier to aim the target zone.
- It is easy to hang and mount the board on the wall with the keyhole slot.
- The high-quality construction ensures the durability of the board.
- It improves the hand-eye coordination and concentration of the users.
- The darts aren’t durable as mentioned as they seem to break after a few tosses.
- The dartboard finish is prone to several scratches.
3. STREET WALK Magnetic Dart Board
The strong magnetism on the board surface and also on the tail of the darts make this package a completely safer option for any user. Another reason why most users will like the board is because of the dual design. You can easily switch between the two different designs of the board to enhance the fun.
The high-quality construction of the board ensures it will provide proper sturdiness during the game and also serve longer. Where most darts available in the market have sharpened edges on the tail area to let it stay on the board, these darts don’t have it.
- This magnetic dartboard measures 15.5 inches in diameter.
- The manufacturer used strong and balanced neodymium magnets for the construction.
- It is appropriate for both indoor and outdoor conditions.
- There are 12 pieces of blue, green, yellow, and red darts included with strong magnetism.
- It is a double-sided game board.
- There isn’t any sharp edge on the darts.
- The strong magnetic construction of darts allows accurate flight on every toss.
- The darts are safe for the kids because they having no sharp edge on the tail area.
- The whole game improves the hand-eye coordination of the kids.
- It is easy to set up and take down.
- The high-quality construction of the board ensures adequate sturdiness and durability.
- It enhances the fun of the game with the two sides of the board.
- The darts make an excessive sound when the player tosses them towards the target.
- It is not a durable and long-lasting dartboard.
4. Doinkit Darts Kid-Safe Indoor Magnetic Dart Board
You don’t have to worry more about the safety of the walls or even your kids while playing dart games, because of the edgeless darts. It is a complete dart game package that includes a regulation-size dartboard and six darts with magnetism.
This means, no matter how hard you hit the board it won’t do any damage to the wall and will also not create any hole on the board. The playing area is large enough to provide fun to the whole family without thinking about the age of the participants. It is easy to install with hidden wall mounts.
- This large dartboard measures 16 inches in diameter.
- The manufacturer used a balanced neodymium magnet for the construction.
- There are 2 colors of 6 safe magnetic darts included in the package.
- The darts have an ultra-secure base and space-age mesh tail.
- According to the manufacturer, the game set is appropriate for kids 6 years old or above.
- The dartboard comes with two hidden wall mounts.
- The edgeless and strong magnetic design of the darts saves the wall and kids from sharp points.
- The size of the board provides a huge hitting area to the participants.
- With neodymium magnetic tips, the darts offer accurate flight on every toss.
- The mesh tails enhance the flying speed of the darts.
- The magnets used here are strong enough to keep the darts sticky on the board.
- The classic design of the board provides a traditional feel.
- The manufacturer used cheaper, not durable materials for the construction.
- It is not worth to price dart game package.
5. Esjay 18 inch Magnetic Dart Board Set
It is comparatively the larger dartboard among all other listed ones as it comes with a huge playing area of 18 inches. However, to increase the fun of the game with family and friends it also comes with a double-sided construction. The kids will find playing with the darts safer because of the pointless design.
It doesn’t matter, whether you are at home, in the office, or at any festival, you can always arrange this fun game because the set offers ease of installation as well. The durability of the game board ensures it will serve the user for a long-time undoubtedly.
- It is a double-sided dartboard that measures 18 inches in diameter.
- The manufacturer used durable and high-quality materials for the construction.
- There are red and yellow colored 12 darts included.
- The darts have a heavy head, shaft, and lightweight fins.
- The makers used a neodymium magnet to construct the darts.
- According to the manufacturer, the game set is appropriate for kids of 3 years or up.
- The board provides more hitting areas than traditional dart game boards.
- With the magnetic and pointless tail design, the darts are always a safer option for kids.
- The use of durable materials for the construction ensures the sturdiness and quality of the board.
- The darts fly accurately with the heavy head, shaft, and lighter fin area.
- The stronger magnetic design allows the darts to stay firmly on the board surface after tossing.
- You can easily hang the board indoors or outdoors.
- The darts are cheaply made as the magnetic tips break easily.
- The dartboard isn’t that bit sturdy as mentioned.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are magnetic dartboards?
Magnetic dartboards are different than traditional dartboards because of the having magnetic setup on the surface. Also, the darts used on the board have magnetic tips in place of traditional sharp tips. Magnetic dartboards can come in a conventional design or roll-up design as well. There are double-sided magnetic boards as well.
2. What do you need the magnetic dartboards for?
To save the younger dartboard players from the sharpened tips of the traditional darts, one needs magnetic dartboards.
Kids will fail to aim at the target now and then. This could damage the wall and also when the darts bounce offs, it could hurt the kids as well.
The beginners are still learning to hit the target, and a magnetic dartboard with magnetic darts will make their learning much safer.
3. Do magnetic dartboards get a lot of bounce-offs?
There are least bounce-offs in magnetic dartboards because of the magnets used on the board surface and also on the tip of the darts. However, during a mishit, you might have to face uneven bounce-offs occasionally. Also, if the magnet isn’t working well, it is obvious to have unwanted bounce-offs.
4. Will it damage the surrounding walls?
No, it won’t damage the surrounding walls because magnetic darts don’t have any sharpened edge on the tail and this special design makes these darts a safer option for the kids. The magnet on the tail hits the surface it stays on the board and when it hits the wall, it may bounce outs, but won’t do any damage to the wall.
Do you think it’s an easy task to choose and purchase a magnetic dartboard? Well, it may be easy for you if you don’t worry about the features, other accessories, and not even the quality of the boards as well. So here are some crucial factors that every buyer should follow before making the final choice.
This buying guide is especially for a magnetic dartboard, but you can visit this post if you would like to know a more professional dartboard buying guide.
Typically magnetic dartboards tend to be a bit smaller than a regulation board. Regulation dartboard measures from 16 to 18 inches in diameter, providing a larger hitting area. However, most magnetic dartboards measure from 14 to 16 inches in diameter. Only one dartboard in the list comes with a huge size of 18 inches in diameter.
Some boards also have a roll-up design, where the targeting circle is designed on the square or rectangular sheet. In that case, the size decreases mostly. However, it’s easy to store or transport roll-up model boards just like the small-sized ones.
Smaller boards are ideal for kids, although it’s a bit tough to find a suitable spot in such a compact size. But regulation size boards are appropriate for any age for participants because of providing enough hitting areas.
Whatever material is used to construct the board doesn’t matter, but there should be a magnetic coating on the surface to make the darts stay firmly on the board. The most manufacturer uses, plastic-like polymer to build a dartboard. Then to apply magnetic features, they use metal plating, rubber-coated metal, or magnetic coating on it.
The roll-up model dartboards come with a lightweight fabric sheet construction with magnetic plating. In each construction, the board remains lightweight to offer ease of carriage and storage. We shouldn’t forget about the materials used to construct the darts as well.
The manufacturers use thin plastic to construct the darts and then complete them by adding a magnetic tip on the tail. These darts don’t have any pointy tail design.
3. Mounting and Installation
There are mainly two types of mounting and installation available according to the design of the board. The first one is for the traditional magnetic boards that mostly come with a built-in keyhole slot. Now only you have to do is to secure the board on the wall by inserting a hook into the slot.
The second one is much easier and it has a string attached to the dartboard. It is roll-up dartboard models, which have such strings and one can easily hang the board on a hook or even on a branch of a tree. However, the first option provides much sturdiness compared to the second one.
The quality of the dartboard and the darts depends on the construction materials. Though roll-up dartboards are easy and convenient to store and take on the go, in terms of quality and durability, they are downgraded from the standard ones.
The metal or magnetic plating used on the surface of the board should withstand the continuous throws from the participants. Moreover, the thinner plastic used on the darts shouldn’t be much thinner that breaks after some time. The magnet at the tail area should also work well for an extended period.
5. Amount of Darts
There are two types of dart game boards available depending on the number of darts. The first one has 6 darts and they come in two different colors. And the second one has 12 darts. This may include two or four different colors of darts in the package.
However, you may also notice some packages come with 8 or 10 darts. But this happens rarely nowadays.
A complete magnetic dart game set including a magnetic dartboard and required magnetic darts will cost you around $20 to $30 approximately. It stands on the affordable side for sure. The cost may vary depending on the design of the board, double or single-sided board, and also on the number of darts included.
Although most buyers ignore this factor, it turns crucial when the board or darts get damaged soon after bringing back home. Follow the steps given by the manufacturer company to get full warranty service.
Truly, the magnetic dartboard is a safe option for the young learner in the field of dart games, isn’t it? The boards listed in the article are a complete dart game set with magnetic darts as well. Before making the final choice, if you have any other questions, you can let me know in the comment box.