Sometimes it turns out difficult playing on a damp soccer field when the quality of the cleats is not up to the mark. There might be frequent slippage, no protection of the feet, and no breathability for long time use in the cleats. It ultimately leads to degradation in the performance of the wearer.
However, the best leather soccer cleats are water-resistant to a great extent. With the unique stud configurations they have, the user finds proper traction on any natural surface. The cleats mostly have lace-up closure, which ensures a snug and secure fit. High-quality leather upper also provides enough breathability to the wearer.
- 1. Nike Men's TiempoGenio II Leather Fg Soccer Cleat
- 2. PUMA MensPowercat 3 FG Soccer Cleats
- 3. PUMA Powercat 1 FG Men's Leather Soccer Cleats Football Shoes
- 4. PUMA V1.10 K SG Mens Leather Football Boots/Cleats
- 5. Adidas Predator 18.1 Soft Ground Leather Soccer Casual Cleats
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Buying Guide
- Final Thoughts
1. Nike Men's TiempoGenio II Leather Fg Soccer Cleat
The wearer will enjoy a precise performance on the field through passing, dribbling, and striking with the cleats on. The use of soft full-grain leather on the upper panel provides a soft feel. Also, the breathability the cleats offer makes them usable for the whole game without any discomfort.
The cleats provide proper ventilation by minimizing the overall weight of the shoes. The cushioned design insides help to keep the feet securely fit inside throughout the game. The user doesn’t even have to worry about the traction on the field, because of the rubber outsoles with a nice stud setup underneath the cleats.
- The outsoles of the cleats come with rubber construction and strategic stud placement.
- The manufacturer used lightweight TPU plastic to construct the soleplate.
- The upper panel comes with a water-resistant, soft full-grain leather construction.
- There are zoom air units in the forefoot and heel regions.
- The cleats have a die-cut EVA sock liner design.
- They have a traditional central lacing system with a thin tongue underneath.
- The lightweight soleplate provides durable and optimum support on any soccer pitches.
- The larger mesh panels provide extended breathability.
- The cleats remain snugly fit on the feet with the soft leather upper construction.
- EVA insoles ensure an extremely cushioned and responsive ride.
- The user finds water-resistant comfort from the cleats.
- The padded collar prevents the user from putting too much weight on the shoes.
- Wet foot wobbles while wearing the cleats.
- The cleats don’t have any high-quality leather construction.
2. PUMA MensPowercat 3 FG Soccer Cleats
On natural grass soccer surfaces, this pair of cleats is an ideal choice to provide optimum performance to the user. The pointed stud configuration on the outsoles enhances the traction on the field. It is why players don’t usually slip or fall on the ground while dribbling or taking possession of the ball.
However, to add more convenience to the fast-paced game, the wearer will have asymmetrical lace-up closure. It comes to ensures a snug fit on the wearer’s feet and also makes sure that it won’t come out during any intense situations as well.
- The cleats come with 100% synthetic construction.
- The manufacturer used lightweight TPU plastic with a pointed stud configuration to construct the outsoles.
- They used full-grain leather to construct the upper panels.
- The cleats come with an asymmetrical lacing system.
- This pair of cleats is appropriate for firm ground surface usage.
- It is designed with orange, white, and ocean colors.
- The pointed stud configuration provides more than enough traction of dry and firm ground surfaces.
- With the full-grain leather construction, the user finds the cleats comfortable for long time use.
- You will get a snug fit through the asymmetrical lacing closure system.
- The cleats provide a lightweight feel on the wearer’s feet.
- It’s a bit confusing, whether the cleats are water-resistant or not.
3. PUMA Powercat 1 FG Men's Leather Soccer Cleats Football Shoes
This pair of soccer cleats from PUMA is quite similar compared to the previous one in the list but still has some differences. After having the cleats snugly fit on the feet, the wearer doesn’t need to look back to focus on his performance.
With the pointed stud pattern, the cleats became an ideal choice for firm grounds. The manufacturer also ensured a durable and long-lasting performance from the shoes because of the full leather construction. The rubber outsoles of the shoes provide adequate traction, which prevents unwanted slippage during the play. It is definitely a good choice for performance athletes.
- The cleats come with lightweight, TPU injected rubber outsoles.
- The outsoles have a pointed stud configuration.
- The manufacturer used super-soft, 100 k-leather to construct the upper panels.
- They used double-density PUMA 3D PST DUO technology for the construction of the cleats.
- There is an asymmetrical lacing system available in the cleats.
- The cleats are appropriate for firm natural surfaces.
- With a pointed stud configuration, the wearer finds adequate traction on the natural surface.
- The upper panel provides a soft and comfortable feel throughout the game.
- The lacing system ensures a snug and secure fitting.
- The user will have protection against outer forces with a TPU-injected heel counter.
- The cleats are lightweight.
- They provide optimum traction even on wet grassy surfaces as well.
- This pair of cleats seems a little bit expensive.
4. PUMA V1.10 K SG Mens Leather Football Boots/Cleats
Now you can improve your agility in the field with the k-leather constructed upper panel. Any player requires stability and proper support from the footwear he is using on the field. And this pair of cleats from PUMA ensures providing that enhanced support and stability.
With a conical stud pattern, the cleats provide optimum traction on any soccer surfaces. Through the quickened speed of the wearer, the performance is also improved. However, with the durability, the cleats offer you can use them for an extended period. During this lengthier lifetime, one doesn’t have to worry about the performance quality as well.
- The cleats come with single-piece rubber outsoles.
- There are 6 conical aluminum tipped screw-in studs added on the outsoles.
- The manufacturer used second-generation PUMA’s revolutionary UNI technology for the construction.
- There are injected TPU applications on the formstrip.
- The upper panels of the cleats come with super-soft and ultra-thin k-leather construction.
- There is a carbon fiber plate on the forefoot region.
- The user will find extra stability with the use of the TPU application.
- The carbon fiber plate minimizes the weight.
- It increases the reactivity in the flex area of the cleats.
- With the aluminum tipped screw studs design, the wearer finds adequate ground traction and maneuverability.
- The cleats are long-lasting because of the durable build quality.
- The cleats seem a bit small on regular feet size.
5. Adidas Predator 18.1 Soft Ground Leather Soccer Casual Cleats
If you are searching for a pair of footwear that can help you have better control over the ball, you should look nowhere rather than this pair of shoes from Adidas. The cleats can provide you a comfortable feel throughout the whole game without interrupting the focus from the gameplay.
The stretchy break-in design of the cleats makes it easier for the wearer to put the feet and have a snug fit. After breaking the feet inside the shoes, it will keep it snugly fit until you want it to be removed. The stud pattern also provides extended traction on the ground.
- The cleats come with control frame outsoles with mixed stud patterns.
- The manufacturer used control skin and K-leather to make the upper panel of the cleats.
- The cleats have a stretchy sock-fit collar design.
- They come with molded heels.
- There is a grippy textured coating available on the upper panel.
- The cleats come with a traditional lace closure system.
- The user can control the ball with more efficiency with the control skin construction.
- With the molded heel, one finds a snug and locked-down fit.
- The stud pattern improves the rotation and the traction quite a lot.
- It is easy to put on the cleats with the sock-fit collar design.
- It also provides adaptive support and ultra-lightweight comfort to the wearer.
- The cleats do a great job to ensure ankle stability.
- The upper panel doesn’t provide adequate protection during the game.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are leather soccer cleats?
Soccer cleats that are mainly constructed with genuine leather and appropriate for use in damp conditions as well are known as leather soccer cleats. There are cleats made of synthetic leather available as well. The traction pattern, outsoles of the cleats make them an ideal choice for wet natural soccer surfaces.
2. What do you need for the leather soccer cleats?
One needs leather soccer cleats because of the quality and performance they offer on the grassy natural surfaces. The cleats have rubber outsoles with different stud configurations. It ensures a proper ground penetration, letting the player focus on his game. Again, the leather upper design provides enough breathability during a long time of use.
3. How long should a pair of leather soccer cleats last?
There are a few factors that decide how long the leather soccer cleats pair will last. This includes in which conditions you are playing, how hard you are playing, and do you follow proper maintenance for the shoes or not.
However, a leather soccer cleats pair could last for 5 to 7 months. But you can extend it to 12 months as well through proper care and maintenance.
Some persons turn blind while buying a pair of quality cleats because they don’t want the quality but only want to spend the valuable dollars for a new pair of soccer cleats.
While selecting leather soccer cleats, most buyers do the mistake of choosing between real leather and synthetic leather. Maybe these two materials seem almost similar, but they have a few crucial differences and also offer different facilities to the wearer.
a. Real leather
Real leather is made of animal skin and the cleats constructed with real leather tend to be a bit heavier. The high-quality construction of the cleats provides a premium feel on the wearer’s feet. You can use these cleats on damp surfaces as well because of the water-resistance.
b. Synthetic leather
Synthetic leather may look similar to real leather, but it is not 100% leather. The lack of leather on these cleats doesn’t make the cleats completely water-resistant. But by adding some ingredients, one can increase the water-resistance for sure.
2. The fit
Without having a proper fit, the cleats become useless even if they offer some great features. To find the proper fit, one needs to measure the length of the feet. However, many wide feet users don’t put importance on their fit, which results in discomfort during the game.
The closure types also affect the fit of the shoes. Most leather cleats have traditional lace-up closure and some also have asymmetrical lace-up closure as well. After tying the laces, the cleats should stay snugly fit and not come out even during the most intense situation of the game.
If you can’t find comfort wearing the cleats, how possibly could you concentrate on the game? The comfort depends on a few things including the breathability on the upper panel. Also, the cleats should have the proper support on the heel and toe areas. The breathability will make the cleats appropriate for long-lasting use.
Again, the insole cushioning supports the heel area and provides comfort throughout the game. The tongue under the lace closure should be cushioned as well for enhanced comfort.
It is the last thing, a buyer should check out after deciding on a pair of leather cleats to buy. The price of these cleats ranges typically from $70 to $160. However, some high-end models could also go up to $200 or more.
By the way, 100 dollars soccer cleats are also not bad, if you know what things to consider before buying cheap soccer cleats. If you are on a budget like most people, you can check this article.
Don’t you think a pair of leather soccer cleats come in handy on wet soccer surfaces? The stud configuration definitely makes it useful in such conditions. If you still have any confusion or question regarding leather soccer cleats, don’t hesitate to contact me in the comment section.