Without a proper scorekeeper, there are always chances of having conflicts between players in dart games. So having the best dart scorers beside the dartboard is essential to maintain the playability. There are mainly two types of scorers available, traditional or manual and automatic or electronic.
The traditional ones work on the chalk and eraser. On the other hand, the electric ones work on battery showing the results on LCD or LED screen. The thing most buyers want is a hassle-free installation process. It will ultimately save more time for the game and increase playability.
Viper Dry Erase Scoreboard
Viper Chalk Scoreboard
Scoremaster Chalk Dart Scoreboard
Viper ProScore Digital Dart Scorer
Viper DigiScore Digital Dart Scorer
Arachnid Touch Pad Dart Scorer
1. Viper Dry Erase Scoreboard, Cricket, and 01 Dart Games
If you like to keep track of your score through the traditional write and erase way, you might love to purchase this scoreboard from Viper. The user can easily install this board on the wall near the dartboard and keep track of the score quite smoothly.
As the manufacturer added all the required mounting hardware, the user will find it convenient to install the scoreboard. There is a quickly erase marker with an eraser tip included with the scoreboard. Meanwhile, the smoother surface of the board makes it workable with any dry erase markers. You can also keep track of double and shots here.
- The smaller size of the board measures, 15.375 by 7.875 inches and there is a larger size also available.
- The scoreboard comes with a smoother scorekeeping surface.
- It is equipped with all the necessary hardware for installation.
- There is a dry erase marker with an eraser tip included with the board.
- The buyer can use this board for both cricket and 01 games conveniently.
- It has bonus spaces for double, triple, and 3-bed shots.
- The installation process is pretty easy and convenient with the inclusion of all mounting hardware.
- The smoother surface of the board makes it compatible with any dry erase markers.
- It fits well on a wood cabinet or wall.
- The inclusion of a magnetic eraser cap with the marker prevents the marker from losing.
- It is easy to clean the board by wiping out the surface.
- The dry erase feature of the board doesn’t work properly.
- The eraser included with the board won’t last long.
2. Viper Chalk Scoreboard
Remember the school days of chalk and eraser on the classroom board? You can bring back those moments with this dart scoreboard from Viper. It comes with chalk and an eraser to conveniently keep track of the score. Meanwhile, it is easy to install with the mounting hardware included.
You can mount it without any hassle on the game room wall or cabinet. The user doesn’t have to worry about getting quick access to the chalk and eraser as there is a wooden ledge included here. For more convenient service, the manufacturer made two different sizes of the board.
- The smaller scoreboard measures 15.5 by 8 inches and another large size is also available.
- There is all mounting hardware included in the package.
- The scoreboard comes with chalk and an eraser.
- The green scorekeeping board has a smoother surface.
- The buyer can keep track of both cricket and 01 games on the board.
- There is a wooden ledge attached to the down part of the board.
- The user can have a hassle-free installation experience in the scoreboard.
- You will get quick access to the chalk and the eraser from the wooden ledge.
- The smoother surface allows quick and efficient writing and erasing.
- The board is compatible with wooden cabinets or walls.
- Keeping track of double, triple and 3 bed shots are also possible on the board.
- The eraser is poorly designed and doesn’t do its work properly.
- It is not easy to write on the board.
3. Scoremaster Chalk Dart Scoreboard
It’s another scoreboard offering a convenient way of keeping the score tracking. However, it’s a bit larger than the previous ones mentioned in the list. So with no doubt, it will give a bit more space to the user. It is pretty easier to write on the board with dust-free chalk.
Even cleaning the scoreboard is also a lot easier using the wiping out the cleaning process. The user won’t have any sort of hassle installing this scoreboard near the dartboard as it comes with four pre-drilled holes in four corners. The chalk tray allows keeping the chalk safely.
- This medium size scoreboard measures 15 by 11.5 inches.
- The manufacturer used 0.100 inches thick ridged plastic for the construction of the board.
- There are four mounting holes available at four corners of the board.
- The user can keep track of cricket and 01 games.
- It comes with anti-dust chalk.
- There is also a wooden chalk tray included to be mounted on the board.
- The ridged plastic construction makes the board long-lasting and durable.
- The pre-drilled mounting holes on corners make the installation process hassle-free.
- The wooden chalk tray gives quick access to the chalk.
- It is easy to clean by wiping away the dirt through a paper towel.
- No residue remains on the surface after cleaning.
- The plastic used for construction isn’t durable enough for lengthier service.
4. Viper ProScore Digital Dart Scorer
Coming out of the traditional way of keeping scores, you might love doing this on an electronic scoreboard with better efficiency. The most attractive side of the scoreboard is that you can keep up to 8 players at a time through this board. Also, it offers a variation of a lot of dart game versions.
It comes with a large enough LCD to let the user have a clearer view of the scores and keep pace with the game. The manufacturer has added mounting hardware for both cabinet and wall mounting systems. It saves battery through auto-off mode.
- This electronic scoreboard measures 5 inches in length, 1.5 inches in width, and 10.25 inches in height.
- It comes with a large backlit, LCD monitor.
- There are auto-off mode and sleep mode included in the scoreboard.
- This battery-powered scoreboard requires 3 AA batteries to operate.
- It is equipped with easy to operate, soft keypads.
- It can keep track of 8 players at a time.
- The LCD makes it easier for the participants to view the score from the throw line.
- It displays both numerical and cricket scores.
- There are 40 games to choose from and 655 game options.
- The scoreboard can save battery with the auto-off and sleep mode.
- The use will experience a clear and softer operation with soft keypads.
- There is also handicaps and player vs. computer option available.
- The LCD isn’t fully functional as it has missing rows of pixels.
- It is understood to understand some of the games based on the instruction.
5. Viper DigiScore Digital Dart Scorer
Watch out for the score track with a clear view in the dart scorer as it comes with a large enough LCD. Also, the scorer allows keeping scores of 8 players at a time that is impossible in traditional or manual scorers. The mounting system of this scorer isn’t difficult as well.
The soft keypads included in the scorer allow you to use it conveniently and softly. An interesting side of the scorer is having auto-off and sleep mode. Both these modes help it saving the battery power and allow to use it for an extended period.
- This digital scorer measures 5 inches in length, 1.5 inches in width, and 7.5 inches in height.
- It is a battery-operated electronic scorer that works with 3 AA batteries.
- It is equipped with a large LCD monitor and soft keypads.
- There are auto-off mode and sleep mode available in the scorer.
- It can keep a score of up to 8 players.
- There are custom handicap options included in the scorer.
- The scorer is easy and convenient to mount beside any dartboard.
- The clear LCD monitor provides clear vision from the throw line.
- The soft keypads allow quick and easy installation.
- The user will have 40 games to choose from and 655 game options available in the scorer.
- You save the battery power through sleep mode and auto-off mode.
- The size of the display isn’t enough to have a proper vision from distance.
- It is a bit complicated to operate.
6. Arachnid Touch Pad Dart Scorer
It is a larger dart scorer that comes with an automatic touchpad to keep scores up to 8 players with more convenience and ease. The LED screen of the board shows both game scores and cricket results. There is all necessary mounting hardware available to make the installation process a lot easier for any user.
The manufacturer has added some extra features in the scorer such as voice prompts for the next players, a solo play feature, single in or out and double in or out functions, a player handicap feature, player rankings, and sleep mode.
- The scorer measures 18 inches in width, 8 inches in height, and 1.25 inches in depth.
- This touchpad scorer comes with 8 players LED display.
- It scores up to 24 different game types with 132 options in the 4-slot LED screen.
- The scorer runs on AC power or 4 AA batteries.
- There are 5 cricket games also available in the scorer.
- It includes an AC adaptor, mounting hardware, game instruction, and an operating manual.
- With the inclusion of mounting hardware, the installation process of the scorer becomes a lot easier.
- The scorer is a lot easier to use.
- The inclusion of gameplay instructions and a user manual makes it easier to understand the way of using it.
- The sleep mode enhances the battery life for long-lasting performance.
- The scorer doesn’t have a longer lifetime.
1. What is a dart scorer?
The board that keeps the track of the score in a dart game is called a dart scorer. There are mainly two types of dart scorers, digital and manual or dry-erase. The digital one offers more facilities but on the higher side of the price. And the dry-erase one remains on the lower side by offering fewer features.
2. What do you need the dart scorer for?
Having a dart scorer while playing a dartboard game is beneficial. Let’s talk about the advantages briefly.
- It allows keeping the scores quickly and in a definite place.
- No need to look for individual scorekeeping things every time.
- The digital ones offer more variety in the gameplay.
- It also allows computer vs. player gameplay.
Never purchase any dartboard game scorer when you are not sure exactly what things you want in the scorer to serve properly. But the following factors will help you in this regard and ensure that you purchase the most suitable one.
1. Dry-Erase Scoreboards
If you are searching for something budget-friendly and also want to have a traditional scorekeeping feel, then dry-erase scoreboards are ideal for you. Typically, these boards have a larger scorekeeping screen compared to digital ones. The process of keeping scores is completely manual here.
It can either come with a dry erase marker or chalk for writing on the board. To erase the scores, there is also an eraser included in the package. While buying such a board, the buyer should also check out having a wooden ledge at the down part of the scoreboard.
This keeps the scoring chalk or marker and the eraser in a secured place and ensures quick access.
2. Digital Dart Scorers
Being tired of the traditional method, you may turn out your attention towards digital dart scorers. These digital scorers run battery-powered. They will require either 3 AA batteries or 4 AA batteries. They have two types of screens, LCD and LED.
However, the scorers are a bit tougher to see the score from distance because of the display size. Nonetheless, y you can keep the scoreboard running and also keep phase with the increasing score quite easily on the board.
A digital dart scorer can keep scores of up to 8 players at a time. And the most interesting side of these scorers is they offer a lot of variations in the game and game options.
Well, except for these two options, you can also keep track of the scoreboard in a full cost-free way. There are available on Android and iOS devices. Through these apps, one can also keep track of the scores with convenience.
The size depends on the user’s comfort. And typically dry-erase ones offer a larger display than digital ones. The reason behind this is that you have to do the scorekeeping work manually in the dry-erase scorer. This means you need no more keys or extra functions on the board except for the space to write.
On the contrary, there are soft keys available in digital ones for automatic scorekeeping. The addition of these keys decreases the size of the display. Those who want a clear vision from distance should go for a dry-erase scoreboard.
Not everyone is supposed to spend the same amount of money for buying a dartboard scorer. From that need, there are both affordable and expensive options available. In the dry-erase ones, the task completely depends on the use and he has to do everything on his own.
So they are on the affordable side. But you will get a lot of extra features in digital scorer and for this; you have to come out of your low budget of course.
6. Additional Features
- Back-Lit Screen: Having these features the digital scorer is indeed a great addition to the product. When you are playing in low light conditions, this backlit screen will still make the score visible.
- Number of Players: Of course, digital dartboard scorer offers keeping scores of more players at a time. And while buying you must ensure, it at least offers up to 8 players’ scorekeeping.
- Variety of Game Options: The digital scorer should offer the user various games with numerous gameplay options.
- Battery and AC Adapter: If the scorer is compatible with the battery and AC adapter, it will help you keep the score even after running out of power.
- Portability: It shouldn’t be that big or heavier that makes it almost impossible to carry.
- Warranty: Check out the warranty of the product and try to purchase one that offers a more and reliable warranty.
Don’t you think it’s necessary to have a dartboard scorer while playing a dartboard game? Yes indeed to keep proper scoring of the game. If you are confused about which one to buy from these scorers, digital or dry-erase, read out it once again properly. And you can also contact me in the comment box.