When you are concerned about the quality and also want the tournament-grade gaming experience, you should better choose the best bristle dartboards. The boards have a staple-free bullseye design, which makes it easier for the thrower to find the adequate spot to have a proper throw and earn points.
Moreover, the sisal fiber construction of the surface prevents any sort of bounce-outs of the darts allowing the users have a safer playing environment. With bristle dartboards, having a self-healing feature is quite a common thing. It extends the durability and ensures long-lasting performance.
Viper League Pro Regulation Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard
Viper by GLD Products Shot King Bristle Dartboard
NodorSupawire 2 Regulation-Size Bristle Dartboard
EastPoint Sports Belmont Bristle Dartboard and Cabinet Set
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core Bristle Dartboard
- 1. Viper League Pro Regulation Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard
- 2. Viper by GLD Products Shot King Regulation Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard
- 3. NodorSupawire 2 Regulation-Size Bristle Dartboard
- 4. EastPoint Sports Belmont Bristle Dartboard and Cabinet Set
- 5. Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core Bristle Dartboard
- Buying Guide
- Additional Resources
- Final Thoughts
1. Viper League Pro Regulation Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard
Now you can have a highly durable performance from the dartboard without any doubt in mind. Every user wants safer gameplay and it is possible when the darts don’t bounce outs from the board surface. And the dartboard surface is enough capable of keeping the darts stuck in it for a long time.
The galvanized wire setup in the scoring sections provides more space for the user to score points. Another interesting feature of the dartboard is the movable number ring. This allows keeping the balance of the game. Keeping scoring track is also pretty easier with scoreboard, chalk, and eraser.
- The manufacturer used sisal bristle fibers to construct the surface of the board.
- The board measures 18 inches in diameter and has 1.5 inches of depth.
- There is a staple-free bullseye designed in the center of the board.
- It comes with a scoreboard, chalk, and an eraser.
- The scoring section spider of the board is designed with thin, rounded galvanized wire.
- The package comes included with three start darts.
- The sisal bristle fiber construction provides enhanced durability and lengthens the lifetime of the board.
- The inclusion of mounting hardware makes the installation process a lot easier.
- The surface of the board is compatible with both steel tip darts and soft tip darts.
- Keeping track of the scoring is easy on the scoreboard with chalk and an eraser.
- The extended dart catch area provides more space for safer gameplay.
- No darts will bounce out because of the staple bullseye structure.
- The darts don’t stick on the board surface properly.
- There is no self-healing available on the board.
2. Viper by GLD Products Shot King Regulation Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard
No problem with the visibility, no problem with the bounce-outs, no worry about the safety and for this, it is a worthy dartboard to choose. The surface structure of the board makes it appropriate for steel tip darts. The circular spider wire provides more throwing spots for the user.
The user doesn’t have to spend much time installing the dartboard, because it comes including all necessary mounting hardware. It provides a hassle-free installation and saving more time for the gameplay. It is also allowed to change the detachable number rings of the board without moving the board an inch.
- The dartboard is constructed using compressed, self-healing sisal fibers.
- The board comes with 17.75 inches of dart-throwing surface area.
- It comes with a staple-free bullseye design in the middle of the board.
- The manufacturer used galvanized steel spider wire to design the scoring sections.
- The board is equipped with detachable, rotating ring numbers.
- There are two sets of darts and easy-to-use mounting hardware included in the package.
- The board prevents any kind of bounce-outs and deflection because of the staple-free bullseye and galvanized steel spider wire design.
- The highly compressed fiber makes it an ideal choice for steel tip darts.
- The rotatable ring allows the sisal fiber surface to heal and extend the lifetime of the board.
- It is easy to install the board with all mounting hardware included.
- The board offers high contrast visibility.
- The thinner profile of the board allows increased scoring.
- It doesn’t have the self-healing feature mentioned above.
- The dart comes bouncing out of the board on regular basis.
3. NodorSupawire 2 Regulation-Size Bristle Dartboard
If you want to have a tournament game feeling staying at home, you could easily rely on this dartboard. It comes with a regulation size, which provides the user a tournament-grade experience. The manufacturer built the board with an adequate thickness that prevents any sort of bounce-outs of the darts.
Scoring becomes much easier with the staple-free bullseye design at the middle of the board. Also, there are several wires used to divide the scoring sections. The most interesting thing about these number rings is the free movement they offer. Thus, the lifetime of the board is increased through the movement.
- The dartboard comes with a diameter of 17.75 inches and a thickness of 1.5 inches.
- There is a complete staple-free SuperBall bullseye included on the board.
- The board is equipped with SuperWire bands and dividers.
- The manufacturer used extra dense sisal fibers to construct the surface of the board.
- It comes with movable number rings.
- The whole package comes included with all necessary mounting hardware.
- The board offers a maximized scoring surface with a staple-free bullseye design.
- There will be reduced bounce out of the darts because of the superwire bands and dividers.
- With every throw, the dartboard self heals the surface with the sisal fiber construction.
- It is easy and convenient to install the game board with all the included mounting hardware.
- The movable number rings maintain the balance of the game.
- It also increases the longevity of the board.
- There’s no instruction available in the package for the installation process.
- It is a bit pricier dartboard.
4. EastPoint Sports Belmont Bristle Dartboard and Cabinet Set
It is a complete dart game set that includes an official dartboard with all necessary playing equipment. The cabinet along with the dartboard keeps it and the other smaller playing pieces safely stored inside when you are not playing the game. Again, the two parts of the cabinet are used as the scorekeeping board.
The scorekeeping process is also a lot easier here with the chalks and eraser. Both these things are present in the game pack and provide the user a traditional dartboard game feel. The official board size enhances the playability with tournament grade feeling.
- This official size dartboard measures 18 inches in diameter.
- The manufacturer used self-healing sisal fiber with a tightly packed bristle design for the construction of the board.
- It comes with a staple-free bullseye design in the middle of the board.
- There is a heavy-duty steel spider and moveable number rings available on the board.
- There are six steel tip darts with dart storage included in the package.
- It is equipped with two scoreboards, 2 chalks, and 1 eraser.
- The self-healing bristle design allows the holes on the surface to easily fill after removing the darts.
- The darts bounce-outs less with a staple-free bullseye design.
- The steel spider design provides an accurate and efficient gameplay experience.
- The lifetime of the board is increased with the movable number rings.
- It is convenient to keep the darts in the allotted storage.
- The user can have traditional scorekeeping feel with the chalk and eraser.
- The self-healing feature doesn’t work properly.
- The doors don’t have good construction.
5. Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core Bristle Dartboard
This dartboard comes with an increased scoring area that makes it easier for novice and experienced players to make their shots perfect. With the use of low bounce-out technology in the construction, the throwing becomes easier and convenient. Also, it ensures safety for all participants.
The user will enjoy ultimate tensile strength with the user of DSW wire. Another interesting thing about the board is that it can be easily and securely installed on any surface with the triple wheel lock and level system. Meanwhile, the dual-core construction allows proper point penetration of darts and durability of the surface.
- The manufacturer constructed the dartboard with patented dual-core technology.
- The board is designed with a 14% thinner wiring system.
- There is a 30-degree reduction in razor wire angle.
- The board is equipped with a triple-wheel lock and level system.
- It comes with 10% thinner radial wire and 20% thinner dynamic sector wire.
- It has specifications that are approved by World Dart Federation.
- The user will enjoy a reduced web surface area and increased scoring area.
- The thinner wire prevents uneven bounce-outs of the darts from the board surface.
- With the sharpened angle wiring, more darts can deflect into the scoring area.
- The inner core with higher compression offers better durability with increased resistance.
- The outer core with lower compression improves point penetration.
- The triple wheel lock and the level system lock the position for zero movements.
- There is not enough reduction of bounce-outs in the dual-core board.
- The bullseye doesn’t work up to the mark.
1. What are bristle dartboards?
The dartboards, which are made of sisal fiber and also have a self-healing feature on the surface, are known as bristle dartboards. These boards provide an improved scoring area because of the thinner wiring. The boards come with a staple-free bullseye design. The number rings are moveable increasing the longevity of the board.
2. What do you need the bristle dartboards for?
The main purpose of using a bristle dartboard is to find a tournament-grade feel and play like a pro. The surface construction of the board supports self-healing, which allows continuous gaming fun. Again the staple-free bullseye design, thinner wiring, moveable number rings provide more scoring areas. It also prevents bounce-outs of the darts improving the playability.
You can never ensure the quality of a bristle dartboard until you have the below features included in it. No matter what situation or with whom you are playing the game, this high-quality board will enhance playability.
What features and how much quality the board should possess largely depends on the purpose you are buying this board for. There are typically two types of purpose, recreational use, and professional use. For recreation purposes, it is not mandatory to have a high-quality board with extra features. You can have fun with a normal board as well.
But if you are a pro-level player and or even like to produce hard shots like a pro, you must ensure the quality of the product. Only a durable board can withstand these throws and still maintain the quality. It will also prevent frequent bounce-outs like cheap boards.
2. Moveable Number Ring
Even a quality board won’t last long if you don’t take proper measures to increase the durability. And for a dartboard, having a moveable number ring is very crucial for increased durability. Each participant will try to target the most scoring spots on the board.
This raises the chances of wear and tear of that part of the board. But by moving the number rings in another direction, one can reduce this. It will not put pressure on a particular spot of the board increasing the longevity of the board.
3. Staple or Staple Free
Quality dartboards come with a staple-free design. The main reason behind this is to provide more playing areas and enhance the scoring. The staple is used as the framework for the wiring used on the surface of the board. But this staple creates obstacles to find a suitable scoring spot on the board.
In the meantime, the staple structure increases the bounce out of the darts. This will of course reduce the scoring opportunities of a player. Again, stapled dartboards are not used for professional purposes.
There are mainly two types of wiring used on dartboards, thinner wiring in high-end models and thicker wiring in low-end models. The wiring is used to show the scoring sections on the board surface. The thicker is more prone to bounce out the darts.
But the thinner wiring will go well for this purpose because it provides a larger area and reduces the uneven bounce outs. Ultimately thinner wiring improves the playability.
5. Bounce Out
There are a few things one needs to ensure while buying a dartboard to avoid bounce-outs. The surface construction, staple-free bullseye design, and thinner wiring. The soft, self-healing construction will catch the darts and keep them stuck on the board.
The staple-free design and thinner wiring provide more area on the board to target and score points. This ultimately reduces the chances of bounce-outs even when there are any incorrect throws.
6. Sisal Density
The longevity and performance of the board depend largely on the sisal density. The denser the surface is, the more convenient throwing you will enjoy. The density of the board will enhance the self-healing feature to maintain the quality of the game.
The self-healing, sisal density also prevents any sort of bounce-outs. Thus, the safety of the gameplay is also ensured here.
There are two types of darts available, soft-tipped darts and steel-tipped darts. A quality dartboard comes equipped with one or two sets of darts. Whether you need soft or steel-tipped darts depends on the surface of the board. But the darts you are using for the gameplay must provide a better flight to reach the target.
When you are already looking for a professional-grade gaming experience, there is no alternative to finding a regulation-sized board. The regulation size board measures 18 inches in diameter. The size is also crucial when the board is equipped with a cabinet. The cabinet must be big enough to protect the board and other accessories.
Some reputable brands in this field have comes to ensure the quality that you are searching for for a long time. If you already have any brand preference or one that you trust, you can purchase a board from that. Otherwise, the mentioned brands in the list won’t disappoint you with the quality and performance.
Of course, bristle dartboards come quality ensure and will cost a bit more than normal dartboards. If the purpose is to ensure quality and play like a pro at the same time, one should never change his mind because of price.
Some people like bristle dartboard, and some people love electronic dartboard. But if you want to buy a dartboard for commercial purposes, what dartboard should you use. To know the answer read our this article: everything to know about commercial dartboard.
Don’t you think a bristle dartboard can provide a professional dart gaming experience? Of course, it can because of the features it offers to the users. Now the final decision is up to you that which one of these boards is appropriate. You can also contact me in the comment section for any queries regarding this.