One has to remain active all the time in sports like basketball and also needs freedom of movement of the feet. What can create an obstacle in mobility is the poor selection of shorts. Having features like moisture-wicking structure, breathability, secure fit is only possible in the best basketball shorts.
A comfy basketball short will increase the mobility in the court, which ultimately increases the speed and agility of the wearer as well. And the performance depends a lot on the quickened movement of the feet. Moreover, it keeps the wearer comfortable with breathability as well.
1. Champion Core Basketball Short
This short from Champion provides ultimate comfort to the lower body throughout the whole game. With a drawstring on the waist area, it stays snugly fit on the wearer. The polyester construction makes it quite breathable and also appropriate for long-time usability. The user can easily take care of the short after every use as well.
According to the manufacturer, one can clean it through machine wash and tumble dry efficiently. The relaxation offered by the short enhances the playability of the user. The inclusion of side pockets in short makes it worth of choice for most buyers.
- The short has 100% polyester construction.
- It comes with an elastic waist and interior drawstring.
- The manufacturer used a branding logo on the lower left side and at top of the short.
- It has straight hems with side vents.
- The waist measures 30 inches with 20 inches outseam and 10 inches inseam.
- It has 13 inches front rise, 15 inches back rise, and 13 inches leg opening.
- The short provides a relaxed fit with superior comfort.
- The user will have a secure fit with the interior drawstring on the waist area.
- The soft and thick mesh increases the comfort level.
- It is easy to clean through machine wash and tumble dry.
- The polyester construction ensures the durability of the shorts.
- The stitching on the short is poor, which falls apart easily.
- The size seems way too small.
2. KPSUN Men's 11'' Athletic Basketball Shorts Long with Pockets
During lengthier gameplay, a player wants to go for a comfortable and breathable outfit. These athletic shorts will provide long-lasting comfort to any user doesn’t matter what’s the length of the game is. It is also a lightweight short, which feels soft on the touch.
One can easily adjust the waist measurement to find a proper fit by the internal drawstring included in the waist area of the short. Also, the short allows the wearer to store small necessary things in the side pockets if it’s necessary. You can also easily take care of it by machine wash.
- The manufacturer used 100% polyester to design the shorts.
- It comes with an adjustable encased elastic waistband with an internal drawstring.
- It has a quick-dry and 4-way stretchy design.
- The short has 10.6 to 12.6 inches of the inseam.
- There are side pockets designed in the short.
- It is a machine washable short.
- The 4-way stretchy design provides a comfortable and breathable feel.
- With the elastic waistband, one can find ideal fitting.
- It is a long time usable because of the lightweight design.
- Keeping small essentials becomes possible with the side pockets.
- It wicks away the sweat and moisture in a superfast way because of the quick-dry structure.
- The stretchy and lengthy design below the knee saves from several knee injuries.
- The waist seems too small.
3. Adidas Men's Tastigo 19 Shorts
It doesn’t matter whether you have a fat belly or thin, you can always find this short perfectly fitting on the waist. The adjustable drawcord on the waist area makes it adjustable according to the size of the user’s waist. After putting it on, it will stay snugly fit to provide comfortable gameplay.
Again, the short is appropriate for long time use because of the moisture-wicking design. When the player starts sweating, it is obvious to have an uncomfortable feeling. But as long as the short is on, it will wick away the sweat and moisture for extended comfort.
- The manufacturer used 100% polyester to construct the shorts.
- It comes with an adjustable drawcord on the waist area.
- It has a moisture-wicking fabric construction.
- This is a machine washable short.
- With the moisture-wicking structure, the shorts provide enhanced, long-lasting comfort.
- It is a lightweight and breathable short.
- The user finds an adjustable fit with the drawcord designed on the waist.
- The length of the shorts makes them ideal for walking or running.
- It is comfortable for summery days with the loose-fitting.
- The short seems a bit transparent.
- There isn’t any pocket available in the short.
4. Under Armour Men's Baseline 10-inch Short
When you are part of a basketball game, it is obvious the game will run longer and you will have continuous sweating. But this quality short from Under Armour can wick away the sweat and any kind of moisture from the skin of the wearer to ensure extra comfort throughout gaming hours.
However, one can only enjoy the comfort when the short fits on his lower body part properly. And to ensure the proper fit, the manufacturer used a drawstring inside the waist area. The breathability offered by the short makes it an ideal choice for the summer season as well.
- The short comes with 100% polyester construction.
- It has encased elastic waistband with a contrast-color internal drawcord.
- It comes with tough, breathable, and textured knit fabric construction.
- It has 10 inches of the inseam.
- There are open hand pockets designed in the short.
- It is a comfortable and true-to-fit short.
- The adjustable drawcord on the waistband allows finding the perfect fit on the waist.
- The moisture-wicking structure soaks away the moisture and sweat.
- The breathable design allows the short to get dry quickly.
- Keep essential small things in the pocket.
- It is easy to wash in the machine.
- The short seems too short in length.
- It is a bit transparent because of the thinner fabric.
5. Nike Dri-FIT Icon
When a short support you on the basketball court without preventing the freedom of movement, it is worth choosing. Moreover, Nike has done a great job so far to produce exquisite sports products and outfits. The design of this short helps the user to keep his feet moving with efficiency.
The use of Dri-fit technology in the short wicks away the sweat and moisture from the skin to provide a comfortable feel. After soaking the moisture, it also dries out in a superfast way because of the breathability. One can easily ensure a secure and snug fit with an internal drawstring.
- The manufacturer used 100% polyester for the construction of the shorts.
- It has an elastic waistband and internal drawstring designed.
- They Nike dry fabric with Dri-Fit technology.
- It has breathable knit jacquard construction.
- There are side pockets available in the short.
- It has a Nike swoosh trademark embroidered on the left hem of the short.
- The short wicks away the sweat quickly from the skin.
- It helps to keep the wearer dry and comfortable by evaporating the moisture.
- One can enjoy extended breathability with the jacquard construction.
- It provides a secure and adjustable fitting with the elasticity and internal drawstring in the waistband.
- The side pockets offer easy access to the small essentials.
- It is easy to take care of with machine wash.
- The fabric seems to fade away after one wash.
- The use of thin material makes the short transparent and inappropriate for outdoor use.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are basketball shorts?
Loose polyester or cotton shorts with a length that goes just above the knee of men basketball players are called basketball shorts. The loose design ensures the comfort of the user, and also makes it a long-time usable. Most of these shorts can soak away the moisture and quickly make it dry again.
2. What do you need the basketball shorts for?
For a comfortable and breathable playing experience, every basketball player needs to put on basketball shorts. The design and structure of the shorts provide extended comfort during the game. It doesn’t hamper the mobility of the wearer’s feet; rather provides adequate support throughout the game.
3. What are the different types of basketball shorts?
There are different types of basketball shorts depending on the construction materials like polyester, cotton, and blend. Short also differs from small to extra large size. Some shorts are thinner and a bit transparent, where the others are heavier.
Isn’t it seems a bit tough to choose one short from the list after identifying that all these have some quality features? Yes, but after checking out the below factors, I can assure you the whole task will turn out a lot easier for you.
There are mainly two types of fabric used to construct basketball shorts, cotton, and polyester. Both these have some distinguishable features, but cotton is slightly durable than polyester. However, one should ensure having features like comfort, breathability, quick-dry in the short regardless of the construction material.
Cotton is comfortable, but a bit heavier material used to make shorts. The heavier construction makes cotton shorts appropriate for cool weather conditions. It wicks away the moisture quickly but takes more time to make it dry.
Unlike cotton, polyester is a lightweight material and for this reason, it is widely used to make basketball shorts. However, the thinner structure of the fabric sometimes makes the shorts too transparent and inappropriate for outdoor use.
c. Special Materials
Dri-Fit technology is the special material and it is the most useful one to wick away the sweat, moisture from the skin and also make it quick dry. The quick-drying feature makes these shorts ideal for long-term usage.
2. What Size of Basketball Shorts Do I Need
To have the comfort you are searching for, you need to purchase properly fitted basketball shorts. The size of the shorts differs depending on the waist size.
Shorts in this category have 28 to 30 inches waist.
32 to 35 inches waist size is available in this sizing category.
The waist size here measures from 36 to 38 inches.
d. Extra Large
40 to 42 inches waist sizes are found in this category.
These shorts have the largest waist size of 44 to 46 inches.
For breathability, one must choose a loose basketball short that fits perfectly around his waist area. Cotton is the most breathable material because it wicks away the sweat and moisture from the skin of the wearer efficiently. However, polyester may not be as breathable as cotton but it offers quick dry.
The shorts having a blend of cotton and polyester construction offers you both features and extended comfort. Without having proper breathability, the wearer won’t find the short comfy during the long run.
If the short tears apart, the elasticity on the waistband fades, the drawstring tears, the short will remain of no use. Only when it has a durable construction, the user can use it without thinking of these circumstances. And top brands like Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour are always trustworthy in this regard.
It is the elasticity in the waistband and the internal drawstring that keeps the short snugly fit onto your lower body. Ensure having the highest possible elasticity in the band and also the drawstring should be strong enough for proper fit.
What do you think, when these shorts can come in handy except playing basketball? I think these can be very useful even during any workouts because of the loose and moisture-wicking design. Contact me in the comment section, if you have any more queries regarding basketball shorts.