“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
It is required for the referees in a basketball game to have a unique outfit that makes them distinguishable from the players. But only the best basketball referee pants could provide the comfort and also the unique fit he was searching for. They are the one, who also needs to run the whole ground and also have a quickness.
When they are not having proper mobility on the pant they are wearing, it turns out to be a disturbing situation. He has to manage and control the game through constant running, but it is not possible with ensuring comfort in the outfit.
Smitty Men's Basketball Premium Pants
Smitty Women's Basketball Premium Pants
Adams Pants Referee
1. Smitty Men's Basketball Premium 4-Way Stretch Pleated Front Officials Pants
The official in the match will have comfort throughout the whole game if he is wearing these specialized official pants from Smitty Official’s Apparel. The breathability of the pant provides enough comfy feeling even in a long-running basketball game. It is obvious to sweat during the game, but the construction of the pant wicks away the sweat smartly.
This black color basketball official pant has two pockets in front and two in the backside. It allows the official to keeps all small required equipment to control the game safely in these pockets. There are varieties of sizes available for the pant.
- The manufacturer used 92% polyester and 8% spandex to make the pant.
- This official pant is made using advanced technology and has an athletic cut design.
- It comes with pleated front and front lay slash pockets.
- The manufacturer used Smitty comfort 3 inches grip waistband in the pant.
- It is 36 inches long and has a heavy-duty zipper closure.
- It comes with a button loop on the left back pocket for button tab closure.
- The pant spreads and evaporates sweat picked up from the skin.
- The athletic cut ensures comfort for the user and durability of the pant.
- The use of advanced technology made the pant a lightweight one.
- The black color and design of the pant give a professional look to the wearer.
- It keeps the shirts tucked in nicely as well.
- The wrinkles created on the pant are hard to get rid of.
2. Smitty Women's Basketball Premium 4-Way Stretch Pleated Front Officials Pants
Smitty Official’s Apparel has brought another basketball referee pants, but this time for the women officials. They have kept the same features as they were used in the men’s pants and constructed this woman official’s pants. This official pant is lightweight enough to give extra comfort to the user.
It is a great choice when you are supposed to work into a long-lasting game like basketball. No matter how long you wear the pant, they won’t bother you or make you feel uncomfortable. The moisture-wicking nature of the pant will soak away the sweat and moisture from the skin providing comfort.
- The pant is constructed using 92% polyester and 8% spandex.
- It comes with an athletic cut and a moisture-wicking nature.
- The manufacturer used advanced lightweight technology to construct the pant.
- The pant comes with a flat front and slashes pockets.
- It is a 36 inches long pant and has a Smitty comfort 3 inches grip waistband.
- It comes with a heavy-duty zipper closure and also a button loop on the left back pocket.
- The construction of the pant wicks away the moisture and sweat from the wearer’s skin.
- The athletic cut provides enough comfort and durability to the user.
- The user will find the pants lightweight because of using advanced technology to construct.
- The variety of sizes lets every user choose the proper fit according to their need.
- It is made for long-lasting use.
- The pant doesn’t seem to be made specifically for women officials.
- The size runs a bit small for some users.
3. Adams Pants Referee Basketball Pleated Poly/Spandex Black
No matter whether you want to put on these basketball referee pants indoors or outdoors, they will support you in both conditions. The manufacturer of the pant has put a lot of importance on the long-lasting comfort of the user and has used moisture-wicking materials in the construction.
The officials will also find it easy to move around the basketball court wearing these pants. The unhemmed nature of the pant ensures they will fit almost any length of legs. Still, you have different sizes to find the most comfortable fit for you during the game.
- The manufacturer used polyester/ spandex stretch twill to construct the pant.
- It comes with a 2-1/2 inches non-roll, easy-grip waistband.
- The pant is constructed using moisture-wicking materials.
- The waist ranges from 28 to 50 inches for even sizes only.
- It comes with strong YKK zipper closure.
- It comes with the most length-fitted unhemmed design.
- The polyester and spandex structure of the pant provides a stretchy feel to any user.
- The waistband of the pant is easy to grip.
- The pant is made for both indoor and outdoor usage.
- The moisture-wicking nature of the pant soaks sweat and moisture from the skin.
- The use of comfortable fabric provides extended mobility to the wearer.
- The unhemmed design fits most lengths.
- Needs proper sizing for a perfect fit.
1. What is a Basketball referee pant?
The black tapered or pleated pant used by the basketball official during a basketball game is called a basketball referee pant. The pant is specifically made for basketball referees. They provide comfort to the referees throughout the game and also let him store some necessary equipment in the pockets.
2. Who should get basketball referee pants?
As the pants are made for basketball referees, every basketball referee should put on these pants during the game. However, except for referees you can also choose the pants for better comfy morning walks or jogging. The pants are superbly comfortable and stretchy for some workouts as well.
Never purchase any basketball referee pants when you don’t know what you actually don’t know what is required to have in the pant. Now check out the following points to ensure a proper selection.
There are typically two types of referee pants available for the basketball officials, tapered and pleated. It completely depends on the user’s preference for which type he wants to put on. But whatever type he chooses, he needs to ensure a proper fitting.
Without having a proper fit, the whole outfit can prove to be a burden for him. Not everyone has the same height, same body fitness, hip size, etc. So before choosing any referee pant, one needs to ensure it fits properly to his body.
Well, when you are wearing properly fitted pants it is surely going to give you the comfort you are searching for. There is one main thing referred to by comfort and it is the freedom of movement. Unless the referee finds it comfortable moving around the court wearing the pant, he can’t conduct the game.
Most basketball referee pants are made with a combination of polyester and spandex. This combination provides a stretchy feel in the pants, which increases mobility. Ultimately, it results in a free movement of the user with comfort inside the court.
Indeed basketball is a long-lasting game and as a referee, you are going to be a part of the game from the starting till the end. While selecting an official pant, one must ensure the pant is breathable enough. The breathability works when it can wick away the moisture and sweat from the skin.
It should also provide enough air ventilation inside through the comfortable fabric of the pant. The moisture-wicking nature keeps the referee cool and comfortable as long as the game running.
The pant along with you will go through a rough time inside the basketball court. But when it is durable enough, no rough times could make any damage to the outfit. However, the durability of the pant is closely related to the construction materials.
Without ensuring durability, one needs not to purchase it, because it may result in torn out of the pant due to rough use or wash after the game. That is why durability is so crucial here.
Why do basketball referees need pants? Only for running smoothly inside the basketball court? No, this may be the main function of the pant, but not the only one. Wearing the pant, he should walk, run, sit, and take rest comfortably.
Also, the pant should have enough pockets to store some basic needs during the game. Ensure these things in the pant you are buying.
Do you need a basketball referee pant? If you are a basketball official, then you definitely need one. But remember to check out the buying guide before making the final choice. And I’m here to answer any of your queries in the comment section below.