If your hair or sweat comes on your face somehow, it will surely create interruption during the game. But you can prevent this interruption by using the best basketball headbands during the matches. There are elastic, non-tie headbands and also customizable tie headbands available.
Except for keeping the hair and sweat away from your eyes and face, it wicks away the moisture efficiently. This moisture-wicking nature keeps the head cool and comfortable for an extended period. Check the buying guide below to choose one with proper features that provide the most benefits during the gameplay.
Under Armour Men's Performance Headband
Tanluhu Sweatband Headband
Adidas Unisex-Adult Alphaskin Tie Headband
Nike Dri Fit Head Tie
Nike Speed Performance Headband
1. Under Armour Men's Performance Headband
The main purpose of headbands is to keep the sweat away from your face and eyes. Under Armour has done a pretty good job in this regard to keep the sweat away providing comfortable playability. Except for playing basketball, you can use the band for exercises, or other workouts.
The elasticity used in the headband makes it properly fitted to the head size of the user. Moreover, the logo of this renowned brand makes the headband a perfectly stylish one. The user doesn’t have to worry about taking care of the band because it’s machine washable.
- The headband comes with 96% polyester and 4% elastodine structure.
- The manufacture used multi-channel performance fiber for the construction.
- It is equipped with moisture-wicking and drying materials.
- There is an embroidered UA logo designed in the middle of the band.
- It is a machine washable headband.
- It is appropriate for fitness programs and exercises.
- The multi-channel performance fiber provides ultimate comfort during the game.
- It quickly wicks away the sweat and dries.
- The embroidered brand logo provides a stylish look to the user.
- It is easy to keep clean and fresh through a machine wash.
- It regulates body temperature.
- Any athlete can find it usable for every workout.
- The headband feels a bit tight sometimes.
- Due to improper moisture-wicking, it becomes soggy and heavy.
2. Tanluhu Sweatband Headband
By wicking away the moisture and drying, the headband can provide adequate comfort to the user. The makers of the band have ensured proper ventilation that keeps the sweat away from the face and eyes. The most interesting side of this band is that one can use it as a headband or wristband as well.
Using it as a headband will also keep the hair away from the eyes. The elasticity used in the band makes it an appropriate choice for both wrist and head. Also, the band is non-slip letting the user fully focus on his game without worrying about the band.
- The headband or wristband comes with 85% cotton, 12% spandex, and 3% nylon construction.
- It comes with a circumference of 21 cm, which can be stretched up to 32 cm.
- It has sweat absorbing and ventilated structure.
- The band is constructed with moisture-wicking super soft elastic.
- It comes with a helmet-friendly design as well.
- It is both a machine and hand washable headband.
- The sweat absorbent feature of the headband keeps the sweat away from the face and eyes.
- The non-slip structure lets the wearer focus on the game.
- You can also use the band under the helmet because of the helmet-friendly design.
- The super-soft elastic design quickly wicks away the moisture.
- It is ideal for both men and women users.
- It is easy to wash and clean.
- It provides a bit tighter feel on the head.
- It can’t keep the sweat away from the eyes properly.
3. Adidas Unisex-Adult Alphaskin Tie Headband
No question should be asked about the quality of Adidas’ product and the same things happen to this headband. It doesn’t matter whether you are playing basketball or other sports, you can always put on this headband to keep the sweat and hair away from the face and eyes.
The moisture-wicking nature of the band soaks away the moisture and sweat quickly to provide relief. When you are asking questions about the airflow through the vents for enhanced comfort, you should rely on this one. It is easy to take care of the band with hand wash.
- The manufacturer used 91% polyester and 9% spandex to construct the headband.
- The band comes with two-layer mesh construction.
- There is a logo of Adidas printed in the middle of the band.
- It is a hand-washable headband.
- It comes with one size fits all structure with a tying design.
- It has ultimate airflow through mesh construction.
- It is a headband that is appropriate for any sport or athletic event.
- The user will enjoy ultimate airflow through the vents.
- The moisture-wicking nature keeps the sweat away from the face and eyes.
- It is easy to take care of with hand wash.
- The lightweight design provides a comfortable user experience.
- With the tying structure, everyone finds it properly fitted.
- It doesn’t perfectly remove the sweat.
- The logo on the band isn’t long-lasting.
4. Nike Dri Fit Head Tie
With the personalized design, you can keep pace with the gameplay. This head tie band is the perfect choice for a comfortable fit for the user. With length, it fits almost any head size. Moreover, you can find out the ideal comfort by tying this up.
The fabric used to construct the band keeps the sweat and moisture away from the face and eyes. Ultimately the wearer finds no disturbance during the game and can fully concentrate. The customizable tie fit design makes it an ideal choice to use under a helmet as well when it is required.
- The manufacturer used 84% polyester and 16% spandex to construct the head tie band.
- It comes with Dri-Fit fabric construction.
- The headband is equipped with a customizable tie design.
- There is a Nike brand logo available in the middle of the band.
- The band measures 100 cm in length and 5 cm in width.
- The Dri-fit fabric wicks away the sweat and moisture.
- The headband keeps the user's head dry and cool for an extended period.
- The personalized fitting design allows finding a proper fit.
- It is usable under a helmet as well.
- Nike branding in front of the band makes it stylish.
- The band stays perfectly in place.
- The Nike logo seems to fade after a few washes.
- The length seems too long for some users.
5. Nike Speed Performance Headband
No matter what sportsperson you are, you can always put on this headband to keep the sweat away from the face and eyes. The band is specifically made for women athletes. The inside lining of the band provides extra cooling to the user maintaining comfort.
The elasticity used in the band makes it properly fitted to any head size. It doesn’t only wicks away the sweat and moisture but also makes sure the user feels dry and comfortable throughout the game. The length is enough to fit most women's head size and provide adequate comfort.
- The manufacturer used 88% polyester and 12% spandex to construct the headband.
- They used Dri-fit fabric for having the moisture-wicking construction.
- There is also rib-knit lining available in the headband.
- It is 2 inches long, which is long enough for most head sizes.
- There is a swoosh logo at the center of the band to make the brand recognizable.
- It is usable for multi-sport purposes.
- It wicks away the moisture and sweat from the face and eyes.
- It keeps the user dry and makes him feel comfortable for an extended period.
- The headband does a proper job in providing extra cooling.
- The brand logo provides you a bit stylish feeling inside the court.
- The fabric quality is superb.
- The Nike swoosh logo seems to peel off soon after the first wash.
- There isn’t enough traction inside letting the headband stay in place.
1. What is a basketball headband?
The band used on heads to wick away the sweat and also keeps it away from the face during basketball a game is known as a basketball headband. The band has enough elasticity to make it fit on any size of the head. Besides wicking away sweat and moisture, it also keeps the hair out of the face to avoid any interruption.
2. What are the benefits of wearing a basketball headband?
If you want an interruption-free gaming experience and also have comfort during the whole gameplay. The headband soaks the moisture and keeps you cool for a long time. Guys who have problems with their long hair can also wear it as it keeps the hairs out of the face. Some headbands are also usable as wristbands, which is another good thing.
3. Who should get a basketball headband?
Every basketball player should get a headband to ensure proper concentration in the game. Without concentration, you can never think of improving your performance. It is not the case that only a headband can improve the performance, but it can help a lot in this regard. So before entering the court, you should get a properly working basketball headband.
Choosing a headband is not a tough task, but it becomes tough when you need something that can properly wick away the moisture and sweat. Without offering proper in-game facilities, purchasing one headband will only be a waste of money.
There are individual headbands made for both men and women. But some manufacturer also makes unisex headbands that are usable for both genders. As a buyer, you might not identify the difference between men's and women's headbands, but there’s a slight difference between the sizes of these bands.
Women's headbands are particularly a bit smaller compared to men's ones. However, a man can still put on a woman’s headband if it fits his head. Also, the color and design seem to have a bit of difference between men's and women's bands.
Without having a proper fit, you can never think of having the benefits from a headband that you are searching for. There are two types of headbands, elastic and tying. Elastic headbands are superbly stretchy, and they fit on the head because of the stretchy nature.
On the contrary, tying headbands provide a customizable fit. It makes this type of headband appropriate for any user. According to the head circumference, you can tie the band and find the ideal fit.
The comfort of the headbands depends largely on the fitting and how well it performs. Finding proper fitting doesn’t refer to extra tightness. Extra tight fitting will create an itchy and discomfort feel on the head. It can also cause headaches for the wearer.
Moreover, the headband should feel soft after wearing. Soft bands will provide the cushioned, soft comfort that every wearer searches for.
4. Material (Absorbing sweat)
Whether the headband can absorb sweat properly or not depends on the materials used to construct it. There are several materials used by different manufacturers in this regard. This includes cotton, polyester, elastodine, nylon, and spandex. Elastodine and spandex are mainly used to increase the stretchy nature o the band.
If the materials are not enough soft and capable of absorbing the sweat, you will never find the headband useful during the games.
5. Durability & Stretchability
If the band loses its elasticity, it will become useless for sure. That’s why one needs to ensure a high-quality construction to ensure the durability of the band. Also, the lack of stretchability results in poor functioning of the band. You won’t be able to find a proper fit because of it.
Consequently, the result you are searching for from the band during the game will be missing no matter how expensive it is.
Like this article, we have another article on basketball gloves. In that article, we choose our favorite basketball gloves and give a detailed buying guide. If you want to read that article, you can check it here: check expert opinion about basketball gloves.
Don’t you think a basketball headband can enhance the performance inside the court? I do think and that’s why there’s the top 5 headbands suggestion included in the list. If you find any problem regarding the buying, contact me in the comment section for a solution.