Having gloves during the practice hours to improve the dribbling and shooting skills is definitely a beneficial thing. But choosing the best basketball gloves isn’t an easier task. Not every glove will offer an anti-grip surface. Not every glove comes with proper sizing for comfort of different users.
It is up to the buyer, which type of gloves is appropriate for him and what features he wants to have in the gloves. But basketball gloves must have some common features in them and you will find a detailed discussion of these features in the buying guide section.
Basketball Dribble Skill Training Assistants
Shoot Natural - Basketball Shooting Aid
Ball Hog Gloves Anti Grip Ball Handling X-Factor
POWERHANDZ Weighted Anti-Grip Basketball Gloves
Hoop Handz Basketball Weighted Training Gloves
1. Basketball Dribble Skill Training Assistants
The gloves provide a strong and comfortable grip on the ball while you are practicing to improve your skills on the court. The palm design of the gloves also ensures it will prevent any sort of slippage of the ball. With better control over the ball, the player can improvise his dribbling skills.
The use of durable materials in the construction makes the gloves long-lasting. Also, it will eliminate any sort of wrist during the practice session for enhanced comfort. With the Velcro straps, the user can find the ideal fit for the gloves and concentrate on improving his skills.
- The manufacturer used high-quality PU leather and rubber to construct the gloves.
- It comes with a unique palm design with an extra rubber layer.
- The gloves come with sweat-releasing and breathable fabric.
- There are adjustable Velcro design straps used in the gloves.
- The gloves have a well-textured surface with fine workmanship.
- These are usable for both men and women.
- The extra rubber layer palm design ensures better grip with extra comfort.
- The user will have great breathability with the sweat-releasing and breathable fabric.
- The gloves are convenient to put on and off.
- The durable, fine texture and excellent workmanship enhance the longevity of the gloves.
- The adjustable Velcro straps provide adjustable with comfortable wearing.
- It enhances the controlling and grabbing power of fingers.
- Although some might think, the package is equipped with goggles but it is not.
2. Shoot Natural - Basketball Shooting Aid
It is time to develop your dribbling and shooting skills to change your gameplay on the basketball court. And this glove is supposed to be a great companion in this regard. It takes away the pressure from offhand and manages to shoot the ball perfectly into the basket.
It is accuracy what you need while shooting a basketball and the glove is an ideal choice to improve the accuracy with power. The breathable design of the glove makes it appropriate for long time usage. The Velcro straps make it easier to put on and simple to use.
- The glove comes with a sporty and fingerless design.
- The manufacturer used hard plastic on the ball gripping area of the glove.
- The glove comes with a reversible design.
- There are two sizes available for the gloves, where the smaller one is less than 7 inches and the larger one is more than 7 inches.
- There are Velcro straps used to complete the construction.
- It comes with a simple and easy-to-use design.
- The glove takes away the pressure and feels on the offhand providing adequate balance.
- It increases the power and accuracy behind any shoot.
- It allows the player to feel the ball with index and middle fingers.
- The reversible design makes the glove appropriate for both right and left hands.
- It stays snugly fit on the hand with the Velcro strap.
- The breathability makes it a long time usage.
- The plastic used for the grip is too hard here.
3. Ball Hog Gloves Anti Grip Ball Handling X-Factor
To improve your gameplay on the basketball court, there’s no alternative to trying to improve dribbling and shooting in the practice sessions. And this pair of gloves will come in handy during the practice hours supporting the user’s performance. Both hands and fingers become stronger by putting on these gloves.
It improves the dribbling speed, which will come efficient when you are playing against any opponent. The gloves are appropriate to use for individual use as well as team practice hours. The pair allows wearing the gloves in both hands at the same time.
- The manufacturer used spandex to construct this pair of basketball practice gloves.
- They come with added weight resistance into the wrist area.
- These are anti-grip and weighted basketball gloves.
- There are Velcro buckles designed on the gloves.
- It comes for both small and big hands with different sizes.
- The gloves are designed with a mixture of red and black colors.
- By wearing gloves, the player can improve ball handling and catching.
- It is very handy in strengthening the user’s hand and fingers.
- The gloves do a great job in increasing the hand speed with the weight resistance.
- It is usable for both individual and team practice sessions.
- The Velcro buckles keep the gloves properly fitted.
- The pair of gloves is also appropriate for larger hands by selecting a larger size.
- The gloves offer only a little bit of weight to the user.
4. POWERHANDZ Weighted Anti-Grip Basketball Gloves for Ball Handling
You can improve the ball handling with the unique weight-resistant design of the gloves. The controlled grip over the ball through these gloves allows the user to focus on his game. The most interesting thing most users like about this pair is that it improves the strength of the hands.
Again, players love having agility and speed on the basketball court. It is possible with the gloves on their hands. The manufacturer has constructed this pair of gloves for all ages, and skill levels of basketball players. The buyer only needs to select the correct measurement of the hand and purchase for it.
- The manufacturer used anti-friction material with 4-way nylon stretch fabric to build the gloves.
- There is the iron sand weight used around the hand’s flex point of the gloves.
- These anti-grip gloves have high-quality leather materials construction on the palm area.
- The fabric use at the top side of the hand is breathable.
- They come with adjustable Velcro straps.
- The length of the gloves ranges from 6.5 to 9.25 inches.
- The anti-frictional construction around the palm area improves the ball-handling in the game.
- The breathable fabric makes the gloves usable for all-day-long performance.
- The gloves offer extreme durability with enough flexibility.
- Users of all ages will enjoy proper weight distribution from the gloves.
- It improves the speed during the game with a quick reaction.
- A snug fit is ensured with the adjustable Velcro straps.
- The sizing of the gloves is not correct.
- They are not long-lasting while heavily used.
5. Hoop Handz Basketball Weighted Training Gloves
With the availability of different sizes, you can find the proper size for your comfort. The manufacturer has added small to extra large sizes for the gloves. These anti-grip gloves come in pairs. Due to the anti-grip nature, it makes it hard to grab the ball comfortably for the players.
As a result, they can practice hard to find the best grip on the court during the game. Without proper dribbling ability, it is a tough task to shoot the ball correctly. That is why the gloves improve the dribbling capability of the players which helps them in the game.
- The gloves come with an anti-grip surface.
- The surface of the gloves has a sleek profile design.
- The manufacturer used 4-way stretched nylon to construct the gloves.
- The gloves are equipped with micro weights and flex points.
- There are Velcro straps designed on the down part of the gloves.
- The glove pair is available from small to extra large size.
- The gloves help the wearer to develop the touch on the catch.
- The anti-grip palm design improves the confidence level during the gameplay of the user.
- The gloves molds to the shape of the user’s hand for extended comfort.
- The curved weights used on the gloves fit the fingers.
- The weights are evenly distributed on the gloves.
- It improves the agility and sprint of the player.
- The Velcro straps used here aren’t that strong.
1. What are basketball gloves?
The gloves specifically made for basketball practice sessions, and help the players improve their skills of dribbling and shooting are known as basketball gloves. The gloves have special features, which one may not find in normal gloves. There are weighted basketball gloves that have an extra layer of rubber or other synthetic materials.
2. What do you need the basketball gloves for?
It is necessary to put on a pair of basketball gloves or a single glove in the shooting hand to improve skills in a basketball game. The gloves improve the catching and ball handling during the game. Moreover, the anti-grip design creates a suitable environment for the user to allow him to have a proper grip on the game.
Also, if there is any sort of injuries or pain available around the wrist or any area of the hand, the gloves will prevent the spreading of the pain. Sometimes it also gives a bit of relief from wrist pains.
3. How many types of basketball gloves are available in the market?
While choosing basketball gloves, the user will find various types of gloves available offering different facilities. Taking all the features together, there are mainly three types of basketball gloves available in the market.
Those who want to ensure a proper grip and control the ball during the run time of the game should go for anti-grip gloves for the practice hours. The anti-grip design of the gloves creates less traction to the ball and makes it difficult to grab.
Weighted gloves create an extra weight for the users. This type of gloves is mostly used to improve dribbling, catching, and handling the ball. The weighted structure of the glove provides adequate gripping to the hand.
c. Shooting Gloves
When someone has mastered ball controlling, gripping, handling, and catching, it’s time to focus on the shooting. Shooting gloves improve the shooting accuracy of the player as indicated through the name.
4. What differences are there in sizing?
Finding the proper size is mandatory to have the intended performance from the gloves. Most manufacturers construct their gloves from small to extra large sizes. It’s up to the user to decide which size is appropriate for him. Also, the adjustable Velcro straps help to maintain the size with perfect fitting.
When the question is about finding a suitable pair of gloves to improve your dribbling and ultimately shooting skills inside the basketball court, you must consider a few crucial factors. The buying would be a waste of money without considering the below factors.
To find the intended performance from the gloves you wore, you must ensure a proper fit. And without having quality fasteners, no users could find a proper fit. Most basketball gloves come with Velcro straps. The straps provide adjustability that helps the wearer to find the perfect fit for him according to his hand size.
Again the material used in the fasteners should not make the gloves bulky or eliminate the sleek design. The fasteners should properly work throughout the glove’s lifetime.
There are several materials used to construct these gloves and all of them have some specialty to offer the user. Synthetic materials are the most liked one by the users because of the various advantages it offers. The most loved side of the synthetic glove is the sweat-absorbing design.
The sweat-absorbing structure of the gloves makes them suitable for most users to use for an extended period. It also keeps the hand cool and dry. Nylon, lycra, or leather are also used for construction. These also offer durability, but the sweat-absorbing feature is not seen here like synthetic materials.
During the practice hours, what you need most is a comfortable experience throughout the time. However, without having a breathable glove on your hands it is impossible to find your cherished comfort. The breathable function removes the sweat and makes the fresh air enter inside the glove.
Ultimately, the user finds the gloves a well-ventilated one. The ventilation plays the main role to provide a cool atmosphere inside. This enables the player to spend more time in the practice sessions without any discomfort.
Having comfort while wearing the basketball gloves is closely related to the previous fact in the list. Breathable gloves are always comfortable for long-lasting practice sessions. Also, the proper fit of the gloves affects the comfort level. Purchase a durable product to ensure you have the most possible comfort.
The durability of the gloves provides comfort and makes the gloves long-lasting as well.
The weight of the gloves depends largely on the design used to construct the gloves. There are typically two types of gloves, weighted and unweighted. Weighted gloves are different from normal gloves because of having a weighted structure on the surface.
This weighted design makes the gloves appropriate for dribbling. On the contrary, there are unweighted gloves that are appropriate for shooting. The anti-grip structure makes these gloves an ideal choice for handling and catching.
To enjoy the gameplay and take your performance to the top level in the game, flexibility is a must-have factor. Also, it is crucial to have in practice games. The flexibility allows players to stretch the hand and enjoy the freedom of movement.
This freedom makes the players catch the shoot the ball according. Flexible basketball gloves will allow the fingers to safely remain inside ensure proper flexibility.
It is probably the least important feature most buyers look for. Because when he finds every required feature in one item, he doesn’t care about the price. And to be honest, one should never ignore the main features of basketball gloves because of saving a few dollars.
Most basketball gloves are available from $10 to $60, but you need to find the suitable one for your use without considering the price first.
8. Safety and Restrictions
It is necessary to watch out for the safety factors of basketball gloves when you are looking for quality in them. The gloves would provide a lot of facilities, but without safety, you always have chances of getting injured during practice sessions.
Don’t you think practice sessions to improve performance on the basketball court are incomplete without basketball gloves? I do think and that’s why I have included some gloves that most users love to purchase. If you have any questions regarding the buying of basketball gloves after reading the article, you can ask me in the comment box below.